Embossed card with letterpressed letters.

hugs card using dog digital stamp

Hello!

Today I have a card that I made. It is for sale here. Sometimes I make backgrounds and I just leave them. I try to use them for one card I have in mind, then it doesn't work and put it with other backgrounds in a pile of "maybe for another card". Then sometimes I think, I am going to use the background, and make the card around it. 

This time, I am using an embossed circular background but the tag...oh the tag...it has more work that you can imagine. I hope I can make a video sometime showing how I did it. Well, I will have to make a video, because I didn't make one while I did this one haha. 

Anyway, I cut the sentiment several times with my old Cricut machine. I glued the parts together and in a piece of cardstock. I added to the letters white glue and let it dry. Then I added letterpress ink to the letters and use my Sizzix to letterpress the letters into the cardstock. It really works well, but it doesn't show much in the photo. The thing is, that if you try to do it with regular ink it doesn't work too well. I don't think I try pigment ink though...

As I said... I will try to make a video one day...

Well, an then the images are digital stamps from different sets. The dog is from the dog set (great title!) and the balloon is for the birthday filler set (my inspiration for naming my stamps doesn't have limits, haha). I colored them with Inktense pencils and glue them to the card. 

And that is it! It is funny that I made this card in just a few minutes since I had all the pieces already ready. Sometimes experiments do work (even if at that moment you think they don't) so try to use everything you make :). 

I hope you have a great rest of the day!

Hugs,

Patricia



Comments

Popular Posts